Don’t wait until winter is upon us to start thinking about installing a wood burning stove!
- July 10, 2023
Don’t wait until winter is upon us to start thinking about installing a wood burning stove! Now is the perfect time to get ahead of the game and start preparing for the colder months.
If you’re considering installing a wood burning stove or fire and fireplace, now may be a good time to do it before the peak demand season hits. During the colder months, when most people start thinking about heating their homes, the demand for wood stoves, fireplaces, and other heating appliances typically increases, and there may be longer wait times for installation appointments.
Installing a wood burning stove or any other form of fire during the summer or early autumn gives you several advantages:
1. Time: You will have plenty of time to research and choose the right model for you. We stock all the UK’s leading brands of fires and stoves, but it can be confusing to decide what is the right product for you. Starting early means you can get expert advice on which is best for your own home.
2. Weather: Dependant on the product you choose, you may need the installer to have access to your chimney. It is much easier for installers to access the top of your chimney during the summer. During the winter bad weather or high winds can mean that delays could occur, and this can be frustrating for both installer and customer.
3. Availability: You are more likely to have a larger selection of stoves and fires available to choose from if you install during the off-season. This means you may be able to find the product that meets your specific needs and preferences, without having to compromise because of limited availability.
4. Access to flexible appointments: With shorter lead times during the off-season, you may have more flexibility in availability of appointments for both chimney sweeps and installers. If you are planning changes to your fire you may need to have your chimney checked and swept and chimney sweeps have more availability during the summer months. During winter, many homeowners rush to have their fires installed, which can result in longer wait times.
5. Ex-Display offers: During the Summer most Fireplace retailers will be refreshing and updating their in-store displays. There could be the opportunity to get a great bargain with an ex-display or discontinued item.
6. Peace of mind: By having your stove installed before the peak demand season, you can rest assured that you’ll be ready when the cooler weather arrives. You won’t have to worry about competing with others for installation appointments, or facing a delay in getting the heat you need.
Keep in mind that the installation process may involve several installer visits especially if an old fireplace or fire needs to be removed before a stove is installed. We would always recommend that a HETAS certified professional is used for your installation to ensure that the stove is installed safely and according to local building codes.
By installing a fire, fireplace or wood burning stove now, you can enjoy a cozy and efficient heating source during the upcoming colder months, without any stress or worry associated with trying to get the stove installed during peak demand season.
Call in now to discuss any of your stove requirements with our team.